Cells | Free Radicals | Antioxidants
- Every cell in your body needs oxygen to function.
- Your body cells use the oxygen you breathe to get energy from the food you eat. This process is called cellular respiration.
- During cellular respiration, the cell uses oxygen to break down sugar.
- Free radicals cause “oxidative stress” – damage to parts of cells such as proteins, DNA, and cell membranes by stealing electrons.
- Free radicals are toxic byproducts of oxygen metabolism that can cause significant damage to living cells and tissues.
- SOD is the primary antioxidant enzyme and polyphenols are secondary antioxidants which are both in REVIVIFY® that help to counteract oxidative stress and repair damage in the cells.
- Oxidative Stress is the known cause of over 200 diseases.
- Antioxidants keep free radicals in check.
- Antioxidants are molecules in cells that prevent free radicals from taking electrons and causing damage.
- Antioxidants are able to give an electron to a free radical without becoming destabilized themselves, thus stopping the free radical chain reaction.
- REVIVIFY® is a multi-dimensional product (patent pending) that increases the capacity of significant antioxidants to repair damaged cells.
So, What is SOD?
Scientifically speaking, Superoxide Dismutase is an enzyme that alternately catalyzes the dismutation of the superoxide radical into either ordinary molecular oxygen or hydrogen peroxide. Superoxide is produced as a by-product of oxygen metabolism and, if not regulated, causes many types of cell damage.
- Superoxide Dismutase (SOD) is arguably the body’s most crucial antioxidant, responsible for disarming dangerous free radicals.
- Superoxide radicals, or anions (negatively charged atoms), are produced when oxygen gains an excess electron.
- Sometimes regular antioxidants are not enough to fight off free radicals.
- Our powerful blend of super antioxidants PLUS the highly potent SOD, our formula works harder to keep you healthy!